Pages

Friday 24 June 2016

My WPCA rock climbing recount

It was the 20th of June, when the Year 7/8s in my class and I were getting ready to go to rock climbing and the reason why we were doing this was because it was part of our William Pike challenge. So we had some parents to help us by driving us to the place that is so high - the clouds are 1 metre above you and the place is called Cattlestop Crag.

When we arrived, the temperature was quite chilly and we met Josh and Steven, our instructors and we followed them on a path and when we stopped, they talked about what we are doing and what were our values we are focusing on today. These values are Pride and Resilience. This is important because when you do something and accomplish it, you then have pride to do more challenging versions of the thing you accomplished and have resilience if you fail doing something, don’t give up and try doing it again!


We put our gear on and our gear contained of : a helmet and a harness. I was also confused how to put on my harness. Cattlestop Crag was a big hillside with lots of rocks from the 2011 earthquakes.


I was amazed how good I was at rock climbing that wasn’t at clip n climb. We had a good time climbing and I had pride and resilience because I pushed myself to the limit.  When we were packing up I had a good feeling inside that I liked doing rock climbing and I want to do it next year.


I hope you enjoyed my recount, I had a good time during rock climbing and I hope to do it again next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.