Pages

Tuesday 5 April 2016

The day my class went surfing.


On Monday 21st March, the Year 7/8s and I from Rimu Class went surfing for the day at Sumner Beach as their first Outdoor Challenge for the William Pike Challenge Award. I expected it to be  kind of easy, but it was harder than I imagined!

I found actually getting up on the board a bit difficult, but once I practised a lot, I was getting the hang of it. I learnt that my classmates really like surfing! Everyone seemed happy and keen to give it a go.

When I surf again, I will remember the 'cat’ movement and to keep my feet right down the bottom of the board when I start. It's important to be aware of other surfers too and not to cut into their wave.

Here is my poem about surfing:

Surfing,
I can see the people surf on the waves,   
I can touch the water of the waves,
I can smell the saltiness of the sea,
I can surf the most epic waves,
I can hear the exciting screams of joy and fun,
I can taste the salty sickness of the water.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.